Applying for Graduation
Ensure that you meet the University Standards:
- At least a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Satisfaction of the Core Requirements.
- Satisfaction of the declared Major (and Minor if applicable).
- Completion of at least 30 credit hours in residence at Coastal.
- Completion of at least 120 total credit hours.
Use the EVAL in WebAdvisor to check your completion:
- The EVAL should read Pending (Anticipated Complete) or Complete.
- If it reads In Progress then you are not allowed to apply for graduation.
- Contact your Academic Advisor for clarification of courses or substitutions.
Fill out an Application for Graduation:
- Download an Application below.
- Fill in your basic student information on both forms.
- Fill in the degree information on the bottom of the first page:
- Degree Name: B.A.I. (Arts) or B.S.I. (Math/Science)
- First Major Name: Interdisciplinary Studies
- First Minor Name: Only if you are declaring one
- Concentration: The title you created for your program of study
- The table on the second page should list only the courses you still need to complete from this point forward in order to graduate.
- Print and sign both forms.
Pay your Diploma Application Fee:
- Through WebAdvisor, click on the Diploma Application Fee option under Student Accounts. Pay the $25 or $50 and print the receipt.
- Submit the application and receipt to the Academic Advisor for review.
Celebrate your accomplishment:
- Continue to perform well in your remaining courses.
- Invite loved ones and prepare for the Commencement ceremony.
- Update your resume, cover letter, and references. Career Services is an excellent place to find resources about potential occupations and how to succeed in finding a job. Set up an appointment to see a Career Counselor at (843) 349-2341 or visit online at http://www.coastal.edu/career/
Download a PDF version of the Application for Graduation below:
Office: Kearns 213 E
Phone: (843) 349-5089
79.3° / 26.3° C