Interdisciplinary Studies students are career focused individuals. All students in the major are encouraged to participate in one or more internships during their enrollment at Coastal Carolina University. Students can work as interns during their fall, spring, or summer semesters if their schedules permit.
The internship course in our major is titled Experiential Internship (IDS 495). This course may be taken for credit anywhere between 3 and 12 credit hours. The course may be repeated up to a maximum of 12 credit hours combined. As of the 2014 catalog, only 9 of these credits can be included in the major.
The amount of on-site work required depends on credits hours enrolled:
- 40 work hours per 1 credit hour
- 120 work hours - 3 credits (minimum)
- 160 work hours - 4 credits
- 200 work hours - 5 credits
- 240 work hours - 6 credits
- 280 work hours - 7 credits
- 320 work hours - 8 credits
- 360 work hours - 9 credits
- 400 work hours - 10 credits
- 440 work hours - 11 credits
- 480 work hours - 12 credits (maximum)
Students will not be enrolled in the Experiential Internship course (IDS 495) until all paperwork has been finalized, signed by student and internship supervisor and returned to Robert Bulsza in Career Services. Students must commit to a set number of credit hours up front to enroll in the course.
Director of Internships & Service Learning
Office: Indigo House 104
Phone: (843) 349-2341
Office: Kearns 213 E
Phone: (843) 349-5089
61.0° / 16.0° C