2014-2015 Catalog Requirements
Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (B.A.I.S.)
Arts is generally associated with humanities-based concentrations.
Foundations (6 Credits)
- ENGL 211, ENGL 290 or ENGL 390
Technical Writing or Business & Professional Communication
- IDS 310
Introduction to Interdisciplinary Studies
Major Requirements (36 Credits)
- IDS 398
Research Methods in Interdisciplinary Studies
- IDS 499
Capstone Research Project in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Concentration of 30 credit hours at the 300/400 level from two or more disciplines. Concentration must be approved by the faculty committee.
- Take related prerequisite & elective courses to reach 120 hours total.
Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies (B.S.I.S.)
Science is generally associated with laboratory-intensive concentrations.
- Complete all B.A.I. requirements listed above. Additionally:
- MATH 160
- 12 credits in Major Requirements must be in Mathematics or Science.
All undergraduate majors at Coastal require successful complete of the Core Curriculum and Freshman Requirement or a waiver to this effect. All coursework for the major must be completed with a grade of C or higher.
Please select your academic catalog year for exact requirements:
Office: Kearns 213 E
Phone: (843) 349-5089
43.0° / 6.0° C