TypeFocus is an online assessment tool that allows you to investigate your interests and values and search for potential career paths. Once you know which career paths interest you the most, you can begin to pick a major. TypeFocus also has links to relevant information about hundreds of careers and to additional resources. To use this assessment, simply click on the link below.
- On the opening page enter in all of your information and create a password
- For the Access Code, type in AD53F599
- Upon entering the site, click on “Self Assessments”, located in the Welcome box to the left.
- You will then be able to take the Personality, Interests and Values assessments (3 different tests).
- After all tests have been completed, click on the “Explore Occupations” tab at the top of the page.
- You will be taken to the “Assessment Results” page. On the top right-hand side of that page there is a link to a 4 minute video that each student should watch first.
- After watching the video look at the results of each assessment test separately and note careers of interest to them in each assessment.
- Once this has been done, click on the “Combine Assessment Results” tab on the first page of the “Explore Occupations” section. Since the filters are pretty strong on the combination of results, there may or may not be careers listed in this section. This is why it is important to go over the three assessment results individually.
If you need assistance, contact Tom Woodle in the Career Services Center (843) 349-2357 or at