Student Advocacy and Intervention
Personal, social, and academic concerns are typical challenges for college students. However, when these concerns interfere significantly with academic and personal success, it may be time to seek assistance.
The Student Advocacy and Intervention Manager:
- Supports students in managing all aspects of their personal, social, and academic success
- Addresses questions or concerns about utilizing various campus resources
- Assists students who are struggling to function academically, socially, or mentally as a result of a personal challenge or crisis
- Aids students in identifying and navigating offices both on and off campus to meet their respective needs
To contact the Student Advocacy and Intervention Manager, contact the Dean of Students Office at (843) 349-4161 or email Sara Peacock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Advocacy and Intervention is not therapy. The laws that apply to a confidential therapeutic relationship do not apply to all helping relationships. There may be instances when information needs to be shared with other campus partners to ensure the safety of the campus community. While confidentiality cannot be guaranteed, information will only be shared strictly on a need-to-know basis.
For effective coordination of services, you may be asked to sign a release of information.
- Eldred E. Prince Building, Room 122
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 843-349-4161
- Fax: 843-349-2316