Perkins loans are awarded to undergraduate and graduate students.
- FAFSA required for federal loans.
- Coastal Carolina University acts as the lender.
- Low 5% interest rate, no origination or guarantee fees.
- Half-time enrollment required (at least 6 credit hours)
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress according to Financial Aid Academic Progress Standards
- Interest paid by the government while in-school, and during the 9 month grace period.
- Repayment period of 10 years.
- Cumulative lifetime limits: $27,500 for undergraduate, $60,000 for graduate students (including undergraduate loans).
- Perkins Loans are awarded to eligible students through Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Master Promissory Notes, Perkins Indebtedness Statements and Perkins Loan Counseling are handled through the Office of Student Acounts
Funding is limited
Priority Date is March 1st
Click here to complete the FAFSA on line
- Direct Stafford Loan Counseling
- Perkins Loan Counseling
- FSA Guide to Exit Counseling
- Direct Stafford Loan Limits
- Direct Loan Interest Rate Chart
- Borrower Essentials for Private Loans
- Loan Repayment
- Repayment Estimator
- Military Deferment for Perkins Loan Borrowers