Reasons to Attend Coastal Carolina University
Coastal Carolina University (Coastal) is a dynamic, comprehensive liberal arts institution located in Conway, just minutes away from the Atlantic Ocean resort area of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, one of the fastest growing and most important tourist destinations in the United States.
There are a number of reasons to we hope you will consider attending Coastal, which include:
- Quality Academic Programs: CCU is nationally and internationally recognized for many of its degree programs. The University offers baccalaureate degrees in 67 major fields of study and eight master's degree programs: the Master of Business Administration, Master of Accountancy, Master of Science in Coastal Marine and Wetland Studies, Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Education in Educational Leadership, Master of Education in Learning and Teaching, Master of Arts in Liberal Studies, and Master of Arts in Writing; plus the Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership. The University began its first doctoral program – the Ph.D. in Marine Science: Coastal and Marine Systems Science – in Fall 2014.
The University is divided into the following areas of Academic Interest: Business, Science, Education, Humanities & Fine Arts, University College, Graduate Studies.
- Highly Qualified and Caring Professors and Staff: CCU has over 437 full-time faculty, 79 percent of whom have doctoral or terminal degrees, and more than 700 full-time staff.
- Engaging Student Environment: The University provides a variety of services that support student success. Students have access to a wide range of services and facilities on campus, such as wireless internet access, a brand new fitness facility, nationally competitive sports teams, and the University golf course. Students also have access to campus apartment style housing.
- Active Campus Community: Participating in campus activities is at the heart of a successful college experience, and CCU has over 160 active student organizations that encourage academic excellence, leadership, community engagement, and personal growth.
- Successful Graduates: Many of our alumni have gone onto place at top graduate schools (Stanford, London School of Economics, Scripps Institution, Johns Hopkins, University of Iceland), and have careers with leading companies (Microsoft, Citigroup, Marriott, Rolls Royce, Coca Cola).
- Affordable Cost & Great Quality Education = Value: For the fourth year, Coastal Carolina University has been named one of "America's Best Colleges” by Forbes Magazine. In the 2015 edition of the U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Colleges,” Coastal Carolina University was ranked 57th in the Best Regional Universities (South) category, and ranked 9th in the South among all schools in the Best Value category.
- Scholarships: Students have the access to a number of athletic and merit-based scholarships.
- Beautiful and Safe Campusnear a Major Tourism Location: Coastal Carolina University is located 12 km from the Atlantic Ocean resort of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, one of the fastest growing and most important tourist destinations in the U.S. To learn more about the Myrtle Beach Area, click here.
A picture of the Myrtle Beach Skywheel set against the condo shoreline.
To learn more about what Coastal Carolina University, click here.
For more information about degrees offered and academic areas of interest:
- Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees offered
- E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration
- College of Science
- Thomas E. And Robin W. Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts
- Spadoni College of Education
- University College
- Graduate Studies