Distance Learning Services
About Distance Learning Services
The Distance Learning Committee of the Faculty Senate provides oversight of distance learning at Coastal Carolina University. The university offers distance learning services to all students and faculty engaged in distance learning, which we define as "the interaction of students and instructors separated by time and/or place in educational processes that leverage instructional technologies and strategies to maximize learning." While the term "distance learning" usually refers to courses taught entirely online, it may also apply to blended or hybrid courses that use online services such as Blackboard as the primary tool in student/instructor communication. This website provides information for students and faculty involved in these types of distance learning environments.
- Classes: To find distance learning classes go to WebAdvisor, click on Students then on Search for Sections.
- Orientation Resources: Go to this comprehensive resource page to get started.
- Student Support: Find additional resources on our Student Support page.
Library Resources for Students
- Library Resources: Find information about library resources that are available to distance students.
- Classes: To find distance learning classes that are offered online from CCU just click on the Classes Online tab on our Find Classes page.
- Resources: Follow the link for the faculty companion site for Distance Learning Boot Camp.
- Blackboard Faculty Guide: Find resources, tutorials, and Blackboard assistance in the Blackboard Learn Guide for Faculty.
- Library Resources: Find information about library resources that are available to faculty who teach distance classes.