Kimbel Library Tutorials
Linking and Embedding Subscription Videos in Your Course Management System
About this Tutorial
To link to videos or embed videos from Films on Demand
- Go to the library's website at www.coastal.edu/library
- Click on the "Database Finder" link beneath the search box
- Click on the letter "F" at the top of the page and then choose "Films on Demand" from the list of databases
- You can either browse by subject or type your keywords in the search box
- Choose a video and then a video chapter, if desired
- To link to a video
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and copy the URL
- Open Blackboard or Moodle
- For Blackboard, go to "Course Content" and choose "Build Content" and "Web Link." Then paste the URL
- For Moodle, choose "Add an Activity or Resource" and "URL"
- Paste the URL
- To embed a video
- Click on the "Embed Link" hyperlink located below the video
- You may copy either the "Embed Code" or the "Alternate Embed Code"
- For Blackboard, go to "Course Content" and choose "Build Content" and "Item"
- In the text box, choose "Toggle HTML Source Mode" and paste the embed code
- For Moodle, go to "Add an Activity or Resource" and "Label"
- In the text box, click on "Edit HTML Source" and paste the embed code