Kimbel Library Tutorials
Linking and Embedding Subscription Videos in Your Course Management System
About this Tutorial
To link to videos or embed videos from Films on Demand
- Go to the library's website at www.coastal.edu/library
- Click on the "Database Finder" link beneath the search box
- Click on the letter "F" at the top of the page and then choose "Films on Demand" from the list of databases
- You can either browse by subject or type your keywords in the search box
- Choose a video and then a video chapter, if desired
- To link to a video
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and copy the URL
- Open Blackboard or Moodle
- For Blackboard, go to "Course Content" and choose "Build Content" and "Web Link." Then paste the URL
- For Moodle, choose "Add an Activity or Resource" and "URL"
- Paste the URL
- To embed a video
- Click on the "Embed Link" hyperlink located below the video
- You may copy either the "Embed Code" or the "Alternate Embed Code"
- For Blackboard, go to "Course Content" and choose "Build Content" and "Item"
- In the text box, choose "Toggle HTML Source Mode" and paste the embed code
- For Moodle, go to "Add an Activity or Resource" and "Label"
- In the text box, click on "Edit HTML Source" and paste the embed code
Want to embed this tutorial?
To learn how to embed this tutorial in Blackboard or Moodle please view Linking and Embedding Subscription Videos in Your Course Management System.
Use the following link to find the embed code for this tutorial: Embed Link