The Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries (PASCAL) Delivers program allows CCU faculty, staff and students to borrow books that Kimbel Library does not own from other colleges and universities across the state.
- How can I request an item from PASCAL Delivers?: Only books can be requested through PASCAL Delivers. If you are searching for a book in the Kimbel Library catalog that is not owned or not currently available, you can check the PASCAL Delivers catalog by clicking on the PASCAL logo on the left-hand side of the screen
- How many items can I request?: All PASCAL Delivers users are allowed to have 25 requests at one time; a "request" is defined as a book at any stage in the system. Outstanding requests that await a reply from a library are requests; books that you have in your possession are requests; books you've returned to your library that are still en route to the owning library are requests.
- How quickly can I get my books?: Users typically receive their books within five days of submitting a request.
- How will I know when my book has arrived?: You will receive an email when the books you have requested are available for you to check out. You will also receive an email if the book was not available to loan.
- How long can I keep a book I get through PASCAL Delivers?: PASCAL Delivers items can be kept by patrons for up to 6 weeks. No renewals are permitted on PASCAL Delivers items.
- I forgot to return my PASCAL Delivers book on the due date. What is the late fee?: Books returned after the due date are 25¢ per day/per item.
- What is the PASCAL Delivers Fee for lost or damaged books?: There is a $100 fee for damaged or lost books.
PASCAL Visiting Patron
- What is PASCAL Visiting Patron?: PASCAL Visiting Patron allows you to walk into any college or university library that participates in PASCAL Delivers and borrow the books you need.
- How many books can I check out through PASCAL Visiting Patron?: You can check out three books for up to three weeks.
- What identification do I need in order to check out books at the library I am visiting?: Please show your current CINO ID card at the checkout counter. You can also check the visiting library's requirements here by choosing the appropriate school from the dropdown box.
- Do I have to return the books to the library I am visiting?: You can, but you do not have to. You can return them to Kimbel Library and we will send them back for you.
PASCAL Pick-Up Anywhere
- What is PASCAL Pick-Up Anywhere?: If you do not live near Coastal Carolina University, Pick-Up Anywhere is for you! You can request an item via PASCAL Delivers and have it sent to the college or university closest to you. Use your CINO ID to check the item out at that college's library.
- How can I request a book for Pick Up Anywhere?: Simply request the book as you would a regular PASCAL Delivers item. After filling in your information, change the pickup location to the college or university where you want your book(s) delivered.
- How will I know when my books have arrived?: As with PASCAL Delivers, you will receive an email stating that the book you requested is available for pick up. Don't forget your current CINO ID!