Mail Services is housed in Sands Hall, located at 107 Founders Drive. It operates as a satellite office of the U.S. Postal Service in the City of Conway and offers all products and services of a regular post office, plus mail processing for students who live in University Housing and interoffice mail delivery for faculty/staff.
Your assistance in observing the following suggestions will help ensure that your student receives his or her mail and packages in an efficient and timely manner
- All U.S. Postal Service mail and packages to students who live in University Housing should be addressed as follows:
Coastal Carolina University Box _____ 107 Founders Drive
Conway, SC 29526
- Due to the frequency of certain names, addresses should include the student’s full name – the same as the one used for registration purposes with the University. Please avoid using nicknames for address purposes.
- Mail Services picks up student mail (and packages) from the Conway Post Office and then processes it on campus before placing it in the student mailboxes. Generally, mail is placed in student mailboxes by 1 p.m. each day. Students are strongly encouraged to wait until after 1 p.m. to check their mailbox for that day's deliveries. Mail Services does not permit the early release of mail – no exceptions.
It is the student's responsibility to check their mailbox. Mail Services WILL NOT check student mailboxes for any contents. All students are notified via their CCU email account that a package has arrived for them in Mail Services.
- When ordering something for your student, make sure the shipping address includes the name of the student, not the name of the parent or person sending the package. Many packages have to be returned to the sender as they are addressed to the parent or person who placed the order, rather than to the student. In these cases, Mail Services has no way to determine which student is to receive the package.
Packages sent to students via U.S. Postal Service Express Mail are not picked up from the Conway Post Office until after 1:30 p.m.
- Mail Services does NOT process or offer passport applications or money orders.
- When U.S. Postal Service, UPS, or FedEx tracking information states that a package has been “delivered in Conway,” it does not mean the package has been delivered to and is available at the university. It only means the package has been arrived in the Conway Post Office. After Mail Services picks up the package from the Conway Post Office and processes it on campus, the student will receive an email (in their university account) and a printed notice in their mailbox that the package is available for pickup.
Hours of Operation
(August 10 - May 12)
M – F: 8 a.m. – 5:00pm
Sat: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
(May 13 - August 9)
M – Th: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Fri: 8 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Sands Hall Building
Coastal Carolina University
107 Founders Drive
Conway, SC 29526