Tips for Parents
Mail Services is housed in Sands Hall, located on Founders Drive. It operates as a satellite office of the City of Conway's US Post Office, offering all products and services of a regular post office, plus mail processing for the student body and inter-office mail delivery for the faculty/staff. Mail Services does NOT process or offer passport applications or money orders.
- All mail to students should be addressed as follows: STUDENT NAME 107 Founders Drive Box _______ Conway, SC 29526
- Due to the frequency of certain names, addresses should include the students' full name - the same as the one used for registration purposes with the University. Nicknames should not be utilized.
- Mail Services picks up University and student mail from the City of Conway Post Office, including all packages, and then must process it internally before releasing it to the student's mailbox. This is generally completed by 1 p.m. each day. Students must therefore wait until after 1 p.m. to check their mailbox for that day's deliveries. Mail Services does not allow early release of mail - no exceptions.
- It is the student's responsibility to check their mailbox. Mail Services does not accept phone calls or e-mails from students requesting that a mailbox be checked for contents.
- When ordering something for your student, make sure the shipping address includes the name of the student and not the parents. Many packages have to be returned to the sender as they are received in the parents' names and Mail Services has no way of determining which student to deliver the package to.
- Packages sent via USPS Express Mail are not picked up from the City of Conway Post Office until after 1:30 p.m.
- Please note that when USPS, UPS, or FedEx tracking information states a package has been "delivered in Conway", this does not mean the package has been delivered and is available at the University. It only means the package has been signed for by the City of Conway Post Office. After Mail Services picks up the package and processes it, the student will receive an email and a printed notice in their mailbox that the package is available for pickup.
Your assistance in observing the above suggestions will help ensure that your student receives his or her package in an efficient and timely manner.
Hours of Operation
August - May
M - F: 7:30am-5:00pm
(May 13 - August 9)
M – Th 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Fri: 8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
LocationSands Hall Building
107 Founders DriveConway, SC 29526