Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with a B. S. in Marine Science should be able to:
- Explain the principles, concepts, applications, and inter-relations of biology, chemistry, geology, physics and mathematics as they apply to the marine environment.
- Use the principles of scientific inquiry to describe, analyze and solve scientific problems involving marine science and related fields.
- Exhibit proficiency in the use of technology, critical thinking, and quantitative tools used in marine-science applications.
- Successfully pursue entry-level jobs or enter graduate programs in various scientific fields.
- Interact and communicate effectively with peers, mentors, and the larger community.