Thank you for your interest in the Marine Science program at Coastal Carolina University. Marine Science is a flagship program on this campus, and we are proud of our graduates and their achievements. In addition to studies in general Marine Science, the program offers five areas of emphasis: marine biology, coastal geology, marine/environmental chemistry, atmosphere/ocean dynamics and marine analytical technology. All Marine Science majors take a general core of courses in marine science, mathematics, biology, chemistry and physics.
The Marine Science department embraces the teacher-scholar model and students are encouraged to get involved with research or internship experiences. Marine Science faculty are undertaking scientific research on topics such as salt marsh ecosystem dynamics, coastal beach erosion, ocean-atmosphere interactions, watershed and coastal water quality and pollution, and the ecology of fishes, sharks, sea turtles and marine mammals. Ongoing faculty research benefits students by offering them hands-on opportunities and up-to-date training.
This page provides links to:
- The student handbook (covering program requirements, typical course sequences, student services, and faculty and their research interests)
- Descriptions of marine science courses
- Information on marine science careers
- Important University sites associated with the admissions process (including admissions and financial aid);
- Marine related Centers.
- Marine Science Major/Required Courses
- Marine Science Course Descriptions
- Marine Science Minor
- Coastal Geology Minor
- Enviromental Science Minor
- Graduate Programs