History of Lib Jackson Student Center
The Student Center was named for Elizabeth "Lib" Benson Jackson on October 16, 2004 to commemorate a family gift in her honor to Coastal's 50th Anniversary Initiatives Campaign. Mrs. Jackson was born and raised in Salsibury, N.C., the oldest of four children. She married A.E. Jackson, Jr., and the couple moved to Myrtle Beach in 1939. The Jacksons were among Myrtle Beach's earliest residents.
The Jackson Student Center Expansion
The Jackson Student Center is currently undergoing a renovation and expansion of the building. Please pardon our progress! During construction, the current building will remain open and operating. This includes the following offices:
- Aramark/Dining Services
- CINO Grille
- Coastal Activities Board
- Student Government Association
- Student Media Publications ~ The Chanticleer Newspaper, Archarios Literary Magazine, Tempo Feature Magazine
- Student Activities and Leadership
Upon completion - Spring 2015 - the New Jackson Student Center will add over 30,000 square feet of space to the campus. This area will include:
- an expanded and updated Game Room.
- a 250-seat Movie Theater.
- a Convenience Store.
- 3 state-of-the-art meeting rooms, and one conference room.
- a variety of lounge spaces for students to relax and study in.
- new offices for Career Services, International Student Services, Multicultural Student Services, and The COAST.
- Student Organization Resource Center - SORC - designed workspace for all student organizations.