Assessment Grants Program Proposal Format
The proposal should be prepared as a Word or PDF document and should be single spaced. The proposal should have one inch margins and not be smaller than 12-point Times New Roman font.
Proposals are to be organized using the following sections:
1. Proposal cover page (1 page), including:
a) Title of the project
b) Grant amount requested
c) Name(s) and title(s) of individuals submitting with email addresses
d) Name of institutional department, college, or adminsistrative unit
e) Indication if the grant will assess student learning, student development or administrative unit operations
f) Signature of the chair, dean and/or adminsistrative supervisor
2. Project abstract (1 page)
3. Project literature review on assessment in the discipline or area (1 page)
4. Project description with timeline (2 pages)
5. Budget timeline with all expenditures to be completed by December, 2010 (1 page)
The page limit for each section appears in parenthesis after the section heading above.
Details regarding the proposal area as follows:
- The project abstract (Section 2) must describe the assessment procedure that will be used to assess either a student learning outcome/s, student development outcomes, or adminsistrative unit objective/s.
- The project description (Section 4) must address:
a) The specific student learning outcome/s, student development outcome/s program objectives, or administrative objective/s being assessed.
b) A timeline for carrying out the grant project.
c) A description of the assessment you plan to use in your inquiry, how the data will be analyzed, and the anticipated change that will occur in the unit/s as a result of the assessment.
d) A description of how this project will impact the assessment efforts of the department, the college, or the administrative unit.
Assessment Grant Program (AGP) Fund Request Procedures
1) In order for a student worker to be paid for hours worked under an assessment grant, the faculty member (grant awardee) must maintain accurate records and report to expenditure or the salaries to the IRA & A Office on a monthly basis.
2) The faculty member must notify Chris Mee (IRA & A) at firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- name of the AGP project
- name(s) of the student(s)
- estimated hours per week
- rate of pay per hour
- total numbers of hours expected
- total pay allowed
- request for the account number the student hours will be billed to
Copy the Associate Provost in writing (email to Sallie Clarkson at email@example.com) of this notification.
3) Approval and the account number will be emailed back to the faculty member.
4) In order to be paid from the grant, all students must be hired through the University Student Employment program (www.coastal.edu/hreo/workplace/studentjobs/index.html). A job description must be submitted and the student needs to apply for the job.
5) The faculty member must be the supervisor. The supervisor must approve the student's hours and expenditures in WebAdvisor every two weeks as this allows the supervisor to track the hours (or money spent). The supervisor can look up the time history in WebAdvisor as well.
6) All student workers must complete their hours prior to the grant deadline in the grant notification letter.
7) The responsibility lies with the faculty member to submit an email report of hours/expenditures to the Associate Provost on a monthly basis.
Faculty receiving stipends as part of thei grant award are responsible for initiating the necessary paperwork. Assistance for processing stipends can be obtained in your Dean's office of the Office of Human Resources and Equal Opportunity. Stipends will be paid after the final report, as detailed in your award letter, in submitted to the Office of the Provost and your Dean's Office. All stipend paperwork must be sent to the IRA & A Office for approval prior to the stipend being paid.
The following procedures must b adhered to in order to expend funds awarded through an assessment grant. The Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Analysis (IRA & A) is managing the budget for these grants, therefore, all requests to spend funds must be sent to Ms. Christine Mee, Director of Planning and Research in the IRA & A Office, 209A SNGL. All procurement requests will be processed following the standard procedures for purchases of the Office of Procurement and Business Services (www.coastal.edu/procurement). All forms listed below can be found on the University's secure form repository: www.coastal.edu/forms.
The University designates purchases be made using the following guidelines.
Purchase Requisition (PR)
1) PRIOR to purchasing any supplies for an approval grant, a PR must be submitted to the IRA & A Office for approval. Please note on the requisition that the purchase is part of the Assessment Grant Program. Also include the primary grant recipient's name on this paperwork.
2) Once the Purchase Requisition has been approved by the IRA & A Office, the form will either be returned to the department for those purchases to be made with a Procurement Card (under $2,500, not inventory item), OR, forwarded to Procurement for purchase (inventory item or purchase over $2,500).
3) Purchase Requisitions are used to procure supplies and equipment such as (but limited to): office, scientific, electronic, maintenance, computer, audio/visual, maintenance and repair services, furniture, advertising, printing, equipment rental. For more information please visit the Office of Procurement Frequently Asked Questions page at www.coastal.edu/procurement/faq.html.
4) The IRA & A Office will supply the correct account number to be charged and indicate this number on the PR.
Procurement VISA Cards (Pcard)
1) Pcards are used to procure the following items: subscriptions to magazines and other periodicals, memberships, freight, small invoices (less than $2,000), small purchases (less than $2,500), which are inappropriate for the purchase order process, i.e. when repayment is required by the vendor, vendor offers prepayment discount, or free shipping with payment. For further information on the Pcard program please visit the Purchasing Card Program site at www.coastal.edu/procurement/pcard.html.
2) The Pcard is not to be used for the purchase of any equipment, which is to be added to the university asset inventory.
3) The Pcard cannot be used for employee travel expenditures, with the exception of airline tickets and conference registration fees that do not include hotel charges.
4) When the Pcard bill comes in, the department must submit to the IRA & A Office:
- a completed Journal Entry Request form
- a copy of the approved purchase requisition
- a copy of the specific Pcard charge
- a memo to the IRA & A Office requesting the reimbursement from the grant noted on the original Purchase Requisition.