History of Lib Jackson Student Center
The Student Center was named for Elizabeth "Lib" Benson Jackson on October 16, 2004 to commemorate a family gift in her honor to Coastal's 50th Anniversary Initiatives Campaign. Mrs. Jackson was born and raised in Salsibury, N.C., the oldest of four children. She married A.E. Jackson, Jr., and the couple moved to Myrtle Beach in 1939. The Jacksons were among Myrtle Beach's earliest residents.
The Jackson Student Center Today
The Jackson Student Center is the hub of activity on campus, much like a family room to any home. It houses a number of student organization and administration offices, as well as dining, gaming, and lounge areas.
At the Information Desk, you can...
- Check out a laptop to be used in the Jackson Student Center for 4 hours at a time.
- Check out an umbrella if you get stranded in the rain.
- Check out pool sticks, ping pong paddles, and gaming systems to use in the Game Room.
- Sign up for an airport shuttle.
- Get flyers approved for posting around campus.
- Get answers to questions about the University and surrounding area.
Offices and Dining located in the Jackson Student Center include: