Campus Sustainability Day is a time to celebrate sustainability on campus every fall during Homecoming at Coastal Carolina University. The event brings together new groups and allies on campus, highlighting student stories, planning for the future and reaching out to the community. The day is devoted to the achievements of the staff, faculty and students who are contributing to a more sustainable future through instilling sustainability principles, policies, and practices into the institution and community.
Campus Sustainability Day - Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 12pm-4pm
DONATE: We are accepting canned food for our CCU Food Pantry.
- Recycled Boat Race - Together with your team, race to build a "boat" out of recycled materials and hope that it floats across the pool to win trophies and prizes. To register, visit Homecoming 2012 page.
- Sustainability Showcase - learn more about sustainability and community and other things you can do to live greener. Meet community organizations working to make a difference in our community!
- Tap Water Challenge - Come take the challenge and see if you can tell the difference between tap and bottled water.
- Tie Dye - Bring your own t-shirt and get it tie dyed! We will have a few free shirts and tote bags available for the first 50 people Hosted by the EcoReps.
- Free Recycling Bins - If you live on-campus, here is your chance to sign-up and pick-up a free recycling bin for your room. Hosted by CCU Sustain Coastal.
- Free Snacks!
For more information or to get involved, call (843) 349-5041 or email email@example.com
Celebrate sustainability every day by practicing the following:
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- Buy Locally
- Limit Use of Household Cleaners
- Buy or Swap Used Clothing, Books and DVDs
- Bike More, Drive Less
- Invest in Alternative Energy
- Volunteer and Take Action
- Clear out Gutters and Drains